Our community desired more convenient access to library services in the southwest area of the county which is currently under served. Construction of the new branch will begin by the end of this year with an anticipated opening date by the end of 2022. The new 21,000-square-foot Library will sit on approximately five acres
of property on the southwest corner of the Batchelor Middle School
You can help fill the new building with the books, materials, and resources that make our local libraries true community treasures which enrich all of our lives. Donate today to be a part of making our county's new library branch come to life!
Here is what you can make possible with your donation! Everyone pitching in makes possible expanded opportunities to read, learn, connect, and create.
- Children’s Learn and Play Space - $25,000: Furniture, imaginative play spaces, youth-centered technology
- Teen or Children’s Room spaces - $25,000 each: Digital and analog creativity, games, supplies, furniture
- Technology and space to encourage economic development and community support for all ages/needs - $50,000: Includes the all age collaborative space with 3D printers, mobile technology, carts, worktables and chairs
- Interactive outdoor spaces - $25,000: Story walk, exploration spaces, wellness and exercise trails, biodiversity centers of learning
- Collections - $850,000 for opening day collection needs
- To assist in launching new and exciting teaching kitchen programs - $15,000
- Meeting room spaces - $15,000: Monitors and technology for presentations, tables, chairs, lecterns, assistive technology for hearing impaired.
Learn more about the Southwest Branch as progress develops https://mcpl.info/branchplan