Our community desired more convenient access to library services in the southwest area of the county which is currently under served. Construction of the new branch has begun with an anticipated opening date in early 2023. The new 21,000-square-foot Library will sit on approximately five acres
of property on the southwest corner of the Batchelor Middle School
You can help fill the new building with the books, materials, and resources that make our local libraries true community treasures which enrich all of our lives. Donate today to be a part of making our county's new library branch come to life!
the Library have been supporting Monroe County Public Library collections and programming for 57 years! Now is the time for us to launch the future and be part of this
exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a world-class branch for our
Here is what you can make possible with your donation. Everyone pitching in makes possible expanded opportunities to read, learn, connect, and create.
- Children’s Learn and Play Space - $25,000: Furniture, imaginative play spaces, youth-centered technology
- Teen or Children’s Room spaces - $25,000 each: Digital and analog creativity, games, supplies, furniture
- Technology and space to encourage economic development and community support for all ages/needs - $50,000: Includes equipping the all age collaborative space with 3D printers, mobile technology, carts, worktables and chairs
- Interactive outdoor spaces - $25,000: Story walk, exploration spaces, wellness and exercise trails, biodiversity centers of learning, and a paver labyrinth $41,000
- Collections - $850,000 for opening day collection needs
- 10,000 Adult multimedia items including DVDs, Playaways, Books on CD, CDs, and Video Games
- 15,000 Adult print items including Fiction, Non-fiction, Graphic novels, Manga, and other Genres
- 3,000 Children's multimedia items including DVDs, Playaways, Books on CD, CDs, and Video Games
- 18,000 Children's print items across all reading/age levels/formats
- To assist in launching new and exciting teaching kitchen programs - $25,000
- Meeting room spaces - $15,000: Monitors and technology for presentations, tables, chairs, lecterns, assistive technology for hearing impaired.
Learn more about the Southwest Branch as progress develops and see a time-lapse camera of ongoing construction: https://mcpl.info/branchplan
Everyone who donates to the new branch will receive an "I'm a Friend of the Library" vinyl sticker with our signature polar bear logo, perfect to show off your library love on your laptop, water bottle, or car! In honor of the new teaching kitchen, make a gift of $150 or more and receive a Friends of the Library Southwest Branch apron!